Happy New Year friends!
It’s been a while. A really long while! November and December had me so busy with my business, crescent & crow, that I barely had time to think about anything but making jewelry and getting everything ready for the holiday season.
Now that the holidays are over and 2020 is in full swing, I thought I would share some things that I am really looking forward to doing this year.
I’m not one to make resolutions for myself. I always seem to forget all about them by February. What sounds good one day isn’t so realistic the next, and when I don’t follow through I feel bad.
I do, however, like to set up some fun goals for myself throughout the year. They make me feel like I am still accomplishing something, but having fun at the same time. And we could all use a little more fun in our lives, am I right?
Lauren’s Five Things For 2020…
- Dinner and a movie: Shea and I love old movies. For Christmas this year we gifted ourselves a subscription to The Criterion Channel and, I have to say, it is glorious! Once a month I will pick a new movie and pair it with a new recipe, trying to stay as on theme as possible. There are so many new movies, and recipes, to discover – I can’t wait!
- One new cookie a month: I plan on trying one new cookie recipe every month. This one I have been thinking about since September when I was searching for the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie (I’m still searching by the way, they always seem flat to me). I love making cookies but, for some strange reason, I never make them throughout the year. Go figure.
- One new cocktail a month: So many cocktail recipes to try, so little time.
- Organize my closet – virtually: About a million years ago I came across the Sylebook app and knew I had to have it. Then I never did anything with it, ha! Well this year is the year! It is really cool, but will be time consuming at first as I have to take pics of my clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. and upload them into my virtual closet. After that I can plan outfits til my little heart’s content (and probably wear more of what I already have in my closet). Better late than never!
- To share the outcomes of this list with you! Which is the whole reason why I started this blog in the first place! So, be sure to follow along here and on Instagram!