I tend to wear a lot of black. A LOT. But this time of year I always find myself gravitating towards earth tones.
Here are a few neutrals I’m loving right now…
- Brown Handbag – The one in the above picture is a 20 year old Coach bag which I found on clearance at one of their outlets. The markdown was insane. I was so excited to find it because, at the time, it was such a different look for them. Right now I’m into adding a pop of color with some scarves I have, and love, but never actually wear. I don’t feel like I can pull off wearing a silk scarf around my neck or in my hair, so for me, this is the perfect way to enjoy them. You can get the look with this similar bag and this scarf.
- Open Poncho – A.K.A. my “horse blanket” as I like to call it. This is the most versatile piece of clothing I own. I were it as a jacket in the fall, as an indoor sweater in the winter, and when it’s super cold out I wear it as a giant scarf/wrap over my coat to keep extra warm. It doesn’t owe me a penny. The one here is probably about ten years old. But this one is similar. While looking for a close match, I did come across this and I am kind of in love with it. I think it’s the sleeves…
- Long Sleeve Sweater – This is the softest shirt ever! It’s so soft it feels like fleece, yet lightweight enough for fall. I cannot wait to wear it with the chinos below, in cream.
- Wide-Leg Chinos – These are the pants I will be wearing with the above sweater. The cropped length makes them extremely versatile. Sandals in the spring and summer, flats or boots in the fall and winter.
- Neutral Polish – One of my favorites is Taupe-less Beach by OPI. Not too beige, not too brown, with a cool undertone that makes it the perfect go with anything shade.