It’s Labor Day weekend and you know what that means!? LONG WEEKEND! Woohoo! Can you tell I’m excited?
If you’re looking for something to do, here are five of my favorite ways to relax and have fun on the weekend.
- Since it is a holiday weekend, you can never go wrong with a get together. Host an end of summer party for your favorite people. Make it easy on yourself and do it pot luck style. You supply the drinks and location, they supply the food. Need some drink inspiration? Check out this post for a few ideas.
- Looking for something a little more quiet? Get outdoors! On the weekends my husband Shea and I love exploring areas we have never been. It doesn’t matter if it’s a city, a park, or a beach; as long as we’re outside.
- Need some alone time? Have a personal spa weekend. Give yourself a facial and manicure. Take a nice long bath. Do yoga. Meditate. Whatever your little heart desires. Check out this manicure DIY and this floral facial to get your spa weekend started.
- Head to a museum. If the weather is nice try finding something outdoors. Shea and I love Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. We’ve been there in spring, summer, and fall; whatever the season you really can’t go wrong with the landscape. Plus you’ll be enjoying art at the same time – it’s a win win. Storm King Art Center in New Windsor, NY is another outdoor museum we love. We have only visited in the fall, so I can’t really speak about the landscape, but I’m sure it’s equally as beautiful this time of year.
- Make a date for a picnic on the beach at dusk. You can’t beat the scenery. Check out this post for a few picnic essentials.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy a long weekend? Let me know!
Happy Labor Day Weekend and Happy Friday friends!!