I don’t know why, but when I think of Labor Day I think picnic. And what better place to enjoy an end of summer picnic than at the beach? With the slightly cooler temps and the setting sun casting a warm golden pink light across the sky, it all makes for the perfect setting.
Here is everything you need to create a cozy atmosphere for your picnic for two.
- A cute picnic basket complete with everything you need to carry, and enjoy, all of your food (and wine of course).
- Add a blanket and some pillows or cushions for maximum coziness. Don’t forget a few lanterns to create a warm and relaxing glow. These are perfect! Since they have battery operated LED candles inside you won’t have to worry about them blowing out.
- Keep your food simple. Try this tasty sandwich recipe, or create a meal out of crusty bread, olives, fruit, and cheese. You’ll also need a sweet treat! These raspberry chocolate chunk cookies sound amazing.
- Of course I couldn’t leave out an outfit. This set is exactly the look I envision when I think of an end of summer picnic on the beach. Soft and cozy for lounging around in. To complete your look add a stack of delicate bracelets like this, this, and this.
- Last but not least, my recipe for a natural bug repellent that won’t smell like, well, bug spray. Just mist it on your blanket, pillows, and in the air. (It isn’t intended to be used on the skin as it has peppermint and lemongrass, which can be skin irritants.)
How will you be enjoying the last long weekend of summer? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear!