Now that we’ve learned how to heal our mind and spirit with Juniper Berry, it’s time to learn how it can heal our physical body.
Among its ability to help eliminate toxins and improve the flow of lymph in our bodies, Juniper is also beneficial to ease pain and inflammation.
Juniper Berry is…
- Analgesic: Numbs pain.
- Anti-inflammatory: Eases inflammation.
- Antinociceptive: Blocks the detection of pain by acting directly on our sensory neurons.
- Antispasmodic: Relieves spasms of voluntary and involuntary muscles.
- Antirheumatic: Has the ability to relieve rheumatic pain and swelling.
- Circulatory stimulant: Stimulates local blood flow when applied to the skin.
A bit of chemistry…
There are three main chemical components that give Juniper these therapeutic properties.
- Pinene (alpha): analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, antispasmodic.
- Myrcene (beta): analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive.
- Sabinene: anti-inflammatory.
Juniper is also a warming oil, which is useful in easing rheumatic pain and stimulating the blood flow.
Using Juniper Berry to ease minor aches and pains…
Now that we know a bit about the therapeutic properties of Juniper oil, we can see how it is helpful to ease sore muscles from overuse.
The next time you over do it at the gym or during yoga, make this lotion to ease your sore muscles.
It’s full of oils that share the same therapeutic benefits as Juniper, as well as the addition of a few that are mildly sedative. They will help relax you for a good night’s sleep, which is key in healing quicker.
So, get out there and move your body! Your new lotion will be waiting for you😉