Since I introduced The Essentials Guide this month, I thought it would be a good idea to share my top five favorite books on aromatherapy. These are books that I read and refer to over and over again. I hope that if you are interested in learning more about essential oils, they will provide you with an even deeper understanding of them.
- The Fragrant Mind by Valerie Ann Worwood – This was my first book about aromatherapy and the book that started it all. It focuses on the mind and emotions – my favorite subject!
- Essential Aromatherapy by Susan Worwood & Valerie Ann Worwood – This was my second and most referenced book. It is an easy to read guide that provides you with some common physical and emotional conditions and the oils that are beneficial in treating them. I highly recommend it for beginners. This book is what gave me the understanding of how they really work and how to safely use them. (And lets face it – a lot of the info floating around on the internet doesn’t focus on the safety guidelines.)
- A Handbook of Chakra Healing by Kalashatra Govinda – This book kind of goes along with this post from yesterday. If you are at all interested in the chakra system or energy work, I highly recommend this book. It includes various tools to help balance the chakras – including aromatherapy.
- Nature’s Essential Oils by Cher Kaufmann – Along with providing excellent information on essential oils, this book is beautifully written with a focus on these amazing plants as a whole.
- Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit by Gabriel Mojay – A few years back I took an acu-yoga class that taught me the wonders of acupressure and Traditional Chinese Medicine. This book focuses on both, along with incorporating essential oils, to restore balance to the energetic body.
Happy Friday and Happy Reading!!