Who doesn’t love a day at the beach?
The smell of the salt air, the feel of the soft warm sand on your feet, the relaxing sound of the ocean…
Today I’m sharing my recipe for a DIY salt spray that will give you beachy texture as well as the totally chill vibe that goes along with a day at the beach.
I chose three essential oils that will recreate that calm, relaxed, refreshed, and happy feeling a day spent by the water brings.
Lavender is calming and soothing. It helps reduce anxiety and aids in balancing all body systems.
Clary Sage calms the mind, helps to reduce anxiety, and is emotionally uplifting.
Ylang Ylang is relaxing and brings a sense of joy. It also has a beautiful scent, in my opinion.
A Day at the Beach Salt Spray
- 4 ounces very warm water (it will help the salt dissolve quicker)
- 1 tablespoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon pure aloe vera gel
- 1/4 teaspoon avocado oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 1 – 4 ounce spray bottle (Clean and reuse one you have, or try this one.
- Add warm water and salt into a measuring cup, stir well until salt is dissolved. Let cool.
- Once the salt and water mixture is cool, add aloe vera gel and avocado oil. Stir well.
- Add the 6 drops of essential oils right into your 4 ounce spray bottle.
- Pour in the water mixture, screw on the spray cap, and shake well.
You can spray this on damp hair as a styling product or dry hair for extra texture and to refresh your style.
If you try this recipe out, let me know how you like it!