Close your eyes for a minute and imagine a forest…
Breathe in the clean, fresh, and clear air. How does it make you feel? Invigorated? Centered? Grounded? Peaceful?
That’s the beauty of coniferous oils. With their woody, piney, and fresh aromas; they invite the benefits of a lush forest indoors. They are all excellent in offering lung support, purifying the air, and helping to alleviate respiratory issues. Conifers also help clear negative energy and bring in positive energy, physically and mentally.
Lets take a look at a few of my favorites…
- Cypress, Cupressus sempervirens – Calms worry and brings about a sense of peace.
- Cedarwood, Juniperus virginiana – Grounding and relaxing.
- Juniper Berry, Juniperus communis – Eases worry and clears negativity.
- Scotch Pine, Pinus sylvestris – Calms and soothes feelings of anger or frustration.
- Siberian Fir, Abies siberica – Emotionally centering, increases positive energy.
The following recipe is to make a stock blend. (Do the work once and enjoy the benefits multiple times!) I love making my stock blends in these bottles. They are the perfect size for diffuser blends. One 5ml bottle holds roughly 100 drops of oil.
Purify + Protect Diffuser Blend
20 drops Juniper Berry essential oil
15 drops Cardamom essential oil
15 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
10 drops Siberian Fir essential oil
Add all ingredients into a glass dropper bottle. This will be your stock blend to have on hand for multiple uses.
Use this blend in your favorite diffuser, following manufacturer’s use instructions. For smaller areas, use less than the suggested drops – with this blend less is definitely more!